Placements and Internships
Taking a student on placement is a great investment for your business. It is an easy and cost-effective way to get new talent and ideas into your business for a fixed period of time. It also gives your company access to a range of knowledge and skills At NTU we prepare our students for the world of work, and we are in the top ten universities in the UK for the number of students taking year-long work placements (HESA 2017/18).
Our students can provide you with:
- extra resource to help grow your business
- fresh ideas and a new perspective on existing business challenges
- additional skills and knowledge that you may not have within your business
- a development opportunity for existing team members to line manage
- specialist skills and knowledge to help develop products and services
- an opportunity to 'trial' future employees to see if they'll fit in
- the chance for you to help an individual launch their career.
How can you work with our students?
- sandwich placements: usually 36 or 48 weeks but could be longer or shorter depending on your requirements
- short placements - anything from a week upwards, perhaps to address a particular project
- academic-led projects: students work with an NTU academic to help solve a particular business challenge (see our post-grad courses)
We advertise your placement vacancies exclusively to NTU students through our bespoke placement management system InPlace, allowing you to reach the right students.
Please get in contact with the relevant subject Business Advisor if you would like to advertise a placement vacancy: